The 1st Bash was held in 2015. It celebrated independent music and The Garage Coffee, Music & More business anniversary in Fort Stockton, Texas.
In 2016, The Fort Stockton Association for the Support of Local Arts & Music (SLAM) partnered with The Garage and grew the event to be a fundraiser for combat veterans.
Now, every Bash serves to
- Celebrate independent music and independent musicians
- Celebrate the business anniversary of The Garage
- Provide a free, all day event for the community
- Promote tourism in Fort Stockton
- Raise money for the CVMA to benefit combat veterans
By 2019, the Bash had outgrown the parking lot of The Garage and moved to Manuel Nunez Park.
About the CVMA
The CVMA is a combat veterans organization whose mission is to support and defend those who have defended our country and our freedoms. The focus of the CVMA is to help veteran care facilities provide a warm meal, clothing, shelter, and guidance, or simply to say “Thank You.” and “Welcome Home.”
Fort Stockton SLAM is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, recognized as a charitable organization and your donations are tax-deductible.
Mission: The mission of the Fort Stockton Association for the Support of Local Arts and Music is to support, encourage, and promote arts and music in Fort Stockton, Texas.
Fort Stockton Association for the Support of Local Arts and Music’s purpose is to provide a community service by:
- supporting art and music in Fort Stockton and the surrounding community by accepting monetary donations which will be given to artists and musicians in exchange for performing in Fort Stockton;
- share information about community arts and music events;
- provide educational opportunities for the community;
- educate and encourage newcomers to join and participate in the Association;
- provide social activities for members;
- further the art, science, and enjoyment of the subject matter.
About The Garage
The Garage Coffee, Music & More, 1110 N Main Street, Fort Stockton, is a locally owned and operated coffee, gallery and all-ages live music venue where you can get great coffee drinks at a reasonable price, in a unique high-energy environment, while experiencing the wealth of talent that is available in independent artists and musicians. It’s their goal to provide great drinks in a fun and welcoming atmosphere, while promoting music and art in the community.
The Garage has been strategically planned to offer a unique experience of location, decor, and theme to highlight the energy they provide through coffee, music, and art. The unique blend of talents and interests represented by the owners of The Garage allows them to provide an eclectic but thematically unified experience.
The Garage Coffee, Music & More is locally owned and operated by Brian & Renee Gaylor & Family in Fort Stockton, Texas
About the Venue
Manuel R Nunez park is a Pecos County (Precinct 1) park located in Fort Stockton, Texas at 599 S Main Street. The venue is equipped with restroom facilities, a small children’s playground, and plenty of open grassy areas and trees, as well as a large covered pavilion with seating and tables, and a covered stage. Event coordinators, nor the County of Pecos, are responsible for accidents while attending events at the venue.